WE’RE LOOKING FOR TECHNOLOGY LOVERS
CURRENT VACANCIES AT FLT
Start a successful career with us. FLT offers you a multitude of opportunities to realise your own potential and take responsibility. What’s more, you’ll also have the chance to implement your own ideas and concepts and to work in a team of technology enthusiasts.
Want to be part of FLT? Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
You can find an overview of all vacancies at FLT here.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Controls Project Engineer
The Controls Project Engineer will be responsible for designs and commissioning systems of electrical and fluid controls for a variety of applications including welders, robots, assembly, conveyance and transfer systems at a project level. The selected candidate will apply industry knowledge and experience to effectively manage projects from the quoting phase to commissioning. Utilizes planning, resource and task management skills to direct the Controls Engineering team in successful implementation of project assignments and may be responsible for multiple projects at any given time.
This is a professional position, that requires planning and resource management skills to direct and monitor tasks of others. He/she must be capable of making autonomous decisions based on experience and project requirements. The selected candidate will have specialized training either formal or through on-the-job work experience and will have extensive technical knowledge gained through customer and project experience.
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Understands customer specifications (corporate and plant), standards, and local and/or national electric codes for use in designing hardware schematics and software programs
- Estimates content and labor costs for proposals and engineering change quotes
- Works with Project Planner during P3 phase to create project timeline for controls tasks from critical project milestones provided by project management
- Analyzes scope of work during P3 phase to develop manpower plan required to complete project within time constraints defined in project timeline. Manpower plan must include time-phased resource labor type requirements with total labor cost projections
- Requests necessary resources to establish design and debug / commissioning team from Controls Engineering Manager
- Coordinates and delegates work assignments for design team members throughout design phase
- Tracks and reports on project status
- Interfaces with customer to finalize design requirements, reviews, and approvals throughout design phase
- Coordinates with PM and/or Site Installation Manager on build / integration / commissioning plan
- Coordinates work assignments for debug / commissioning team members. This task may be delegated to an Automation Engineer.
- Updates Controls Manager (Planning) with manpower / cost projections as changes occur
- Takes on dual role as Controls Senior Designer and/or Automation Engineer on smaller projects
- Works as a Controls Senior Designer and/or Automation Engineer when not assigned any projects as Controls Project Engineer
- Other duties as required
Reports to: Engineering Manager
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Electronics Technology plus 5 years related experience OR ten years related experience and/or training
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and ePlan
- Ability to write electrical schematics, technical documents and reports for use as reference by engineering and technical writers as well as documentation for the project
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer specifications, electrical controls schematics, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to manage and direct individuals within cross functional teams in order to accomplish project assignments
- Ability and willingness to travel 20% – 40% domestically and internationally
- High degree of competence in HMIs & PLCs (Control & Safety) and associated application software
- Experience with outsource design management (supplier selection, scope of work, supplier follow up, etc)
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work, and the work of others
- Monitor and direct resources on tasks to design and/or commission equipment
- Team and goal oriented with tenacity and determination
- Strong interpersonal and excellent organization and planning skills
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer and personal services
- Provide feedback to management in evaluations of these employees
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ideal candidate must be an experienced Machine Builder leader and a professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, knowledge in BIW best practices and lean processes. Candidate must be self-motivated, adept at handling multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work both independently and with large groups.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ work experience or equivalent experience
Knowledge in BIW
Knowledge in LEAN
- Serves as specialist on the build, installation and maintenance of all systems and equipment
- Diagnose system malfunction and prescribes repairs or changes in work and design practices
- Ensure tasks are executed in the most effective manner in regard to time, cost and function
- Proficient at welding and gas cutting.
- Able to operate machine shop equipment (e.g. drill press, band saw, lathe, grinders, Bridgeport)
- Trained in the operation of overhead cranes and Hilo operations.
- Coordination and interface with robot simulation
- Plans and coordinates work in accordance with work requirements utilizing drawings
- Champions company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with safety procedures practices good housekeeping self-sufficient, goal oriented and highly motivated
- Ability to multi-task and lead multiple jobs simultaneously
- Coordination and interface with other build leaders and engineering
- Ability to read all drawings and system layouts and create a bill of materials for incidental build items throughout the course of the project
- Understand and follow customer specifications
- Good communication skills and customer presentation
- Operation of all power equipment (e.g., drill presses, bad saws, grinders).
- Operation of all hand tools (e.g., drill motors, angle grinders).
- Operation of Crane and Hilo.
- Knowledge of all safety practices
- Willing to travel when required.
If you don’t see anything suitable for you, feel free to send us a speculative application: firstname.lastname@example.org